Do you SEE how fudgy these brownies are?? I personally am a huge fan of soft, fudgy brownies as opposed to thin, crispier ones. If you are a fan of fudgier brownies too, then this recipe is perfect for you! These were so moist and are best (in my humble opinion) when consumed warm. The additional crunchy peanut butter is obviously optional but gives the brownies more texture in every bite and contrasts the softness of the brownie.
For those on a health grind, feel free to substitute the butter for 1/2 an avocado or add less sugar. This brownie is so customizable as you can add anything you want to it! Though add with good judgement – some additions are definitely better than others.
- Taste: ★★★★
- Difficulty: ★
- Ingredients: ★★
- Time: ~1 hour
Ingredients (makes one 8×8 pan)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 1/2 an avocado
- 2 tablespoons milk or water
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used 55%)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F ( about 165 degrees C). Grease an 8×8 inch square pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and water. Cook over medium heat until everything has melted together.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Then stir into the chocolate mixture.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 23 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies rise up. Bake for 23 min if you prefer more gooey, fudgy brownies and bake for 30 min for more well-baked edges.
- Cool in pan and cut into squares (about 9 even squares).