Some days we just need a slightly caffeinated cookie to get us through the day. These vanilla pudding stuffed matcha cookies are the perfect snack for that purpose. These cookies are soft and chewy, with a delicious vanilla filling that makes the whole thing even more satisfying!
You will probably have some filling leftover, but I assure that this filling can be used for ANYTHING sweet. It’s so good.
- Taste: ★★★★
- Difficulty: ★★
- Ingredients: ★★
- Time: ~1 hour + 1 hour chill time
Ingredients (makes ~6-8 cookies)
- Matcha Cookies
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-2 tbsp matcha
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar or 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Vanilla Pudding Filling
- One box Jello vanilla pudding (3.4 oz)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Follow the instructions on the Jello vanilla pudding package. Allow pudding to set in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Combine with pudding and set aside in fridge until ready to use.
- While the filling is in the fridge, cream together butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Blend in flour, matcha powder, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Chill in fridge for at least 10 minutes. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Scoop the dough with a medium cookie scoop (1 and 1/2 tablespoon size) or use your hands to tear off a golf-sized ball of dough.
- Flatten the dough in your hands into a patty. Scoop and place a chilled teaspoon or so of the pudding filling in the center of the cookie patty. (The ratio of dough to filling is completely up to you, so long as you can still wrap the dough completely around the cheesecake filling)
- You can place another cookie dough patty on top and pinch the seams or gather the seams of the single patty and close the seam. Make sure the filling is well enclosed inside!
- Using both hands, roll the cookie dough into a smooth ball and roll in sugar (optional)
- Place on a cookie sheet and chill for at least 5 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.
- Remove immediately from baking sheet and place cookies on a plate or wire rack to cool for ~5 minutes. Cookies are best served warm and fresh! However, they can be stored in an air-tight container for up to 3 days (if they even last that long).
- Enjoy!! You may have leftover filling, but it’s SO delicious so feel free to spread it on top of anything and everything!