- Taste: ★★★★★
- Difficulty: ★★
- Ingredients: ★★
- Time: 30 min (assembly) + 45-55 minutes (baking) = ~1.25 hours total
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
Coffee Streusel Topping
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp JEM Organics coffee butter (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Butter an 8×8 baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar until combined. Add the greek yogurt and vanilla and combine until smooth
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and then add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- To make the topping, melt the butter and then combine all the ingredients in one bowl. Stir until clumps form and texture is sandy.
- Spoon the batter into the pan and then top with the streusel topping
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool for ~30 minutes before cutting and serving. I like to drizzle more coffee butter on top!