New Year’s Resolution to be healthier? Well, I’ve got you covered. If your goal for 2021 is to become more healthy (or even if it isn’t), then this is the perfect recipe for you! This moist maple pecan apple quick bread is extremely simple to make, so moist, and definitely packs a nutritious punch. The bread is chock-full of tart apples, tastes like banana bread, and contains a crisp granola-sugared top. Like all quick breads, it’s easy to throw together and tastes just like a cake baked in a loaf pan. It’s the perfect bake to help you crush all of your New Year’s goals!
This week I had the pleasure of partnering up with JEM Organics to experiment with some of their delicious, organic nut butters. Their stoneground nut butters are packed with clean ingredients and satisfying flavors, making them super indulgent but also good for your health. This recipe features their amazing Maple Pecan Hazelnut Butter, which features the perfect blend of heart-healthy, fiber-rich, hazelnuts and pecans blended with the deliciously sweet flavor of maple. It’s not only ridiculously delicious, but a great source of healthy fats, vitamins and minerals as well. It can be substituted with either normal Almond Butter or Sunflower Butter as well.
This recipe is also highly adjustable as you can add any additions you may want such as flax seeds, nuts, raisins, chia seeds, and etc. If you’re wondering what type of apple to use for this bread – pretty much any type will work! It’s good to pick one that is slightly more tart and won’t get mushy when cooked. The best are Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Fuji, or Gala. Avoid Macintosh apples as they are notoriously mushy.
To make this even more healthy, you can omit the nuts or the crumble topping. You can also substitute the sugar with either honey, coconut sugar, or any other sugar substitute. You can even take it out completely if you’d like. Furthermore, you can also substitute the greek yogurt with applesauce to give it more sweetness.
- Taste: ★★★★★
- Difficulty: ★★
- Ingredients: ★★★
- Time: 15 min (assembly) + 50 minutes (baking) = about ~1.25 – 1.50 hours total
Ingredients (makes 1 loaf)
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Maple Pecan Hazelnut Butter (or Almond Butter or Sunflower Butter)
- 1 large Apple, chopped to small pieces
- 1 ripe Banana, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Handful of crushed walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1/4 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Maple Pecan Hazelnut Butter
- 1/8 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Cut the apple into small chunks or use a grater to grate the apple into fine slices. Mash the banana* with a fork and set aside for later.
- Combine all of the wet ingredients, apple and banana together in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the topping ingredients together.
- Slowly add the dry mixture in 2 separate parts to the large wet ingredient bowl, folding gently. Immediately transfer into a greased bread pan and top with crumble topping.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-55 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean). Cool completely.
This bread can be stored (wrapped up in foil or plastic wrap) for up to a week, but good luck even getting it to last that long!
*If your banana isn’t ripe enough yet, poke holes in it with a fork and microwave on a plate for 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
One thought on “HEALTHY Maple Pecan Apple Bread”
A lovely recipe!